Sunday, July 30, 2006

Temple of Heaven & The Pearl Factory






Today was another day of travel. We went to the Temple of Heaven and then the Pearl Factory. Other than the smog and the temperature, it was absolutely beautiful. Due to the heat, almost all the girls bought straw hat to keep covered from the sun so our group was very easily recognizable. We spent about an hour walking around the temple and then about another hour in the pearl factory. The Pearl Factory is on the cutting edge of consumerism. Not only do the have fabulous jewelry but they also have free beer. That’s right, free beer. So while the mom’s were shopping, the dads were sitting down with the babies having some refreshments. Believe me, if they had this in Nova Scotia I would want to go to the Mic Mac Mall more often. I think this level of service is a a long time coming to NS. I think it is a way to break down the husband’s defenses so the wives get what the want (Tanya did very well) . Very smart and innovative.

Tonight Daddy and Maya are going to hang out while mommy goes to a show. There is a Kung Fu show taking place which is supposed to be spectacular so mommy gets a well deserved night out with the rest of the group while I relax with my girl. I just hope Maya does not decide to do a #2 or that will make the night extremely interesting for me.

It is hard to believe that we have only had Maya for 7 days, it seems much longer. She seems to be settling in fine and I think that she already has us figured out and has us dancing to her drum.

P.S. Maya is 10 months old today.

No comments: